Divorce Filing Instructions for Oklahoma County

If you’re trying to find where to file divorce papers in Oklahoma County, then we want to show you first how to file for divorce in Oklahoma, and 2nd where to go in order to file your Petition for Dissolution of Marriage.

The first step is going to be to obtain a Petition for Dissolution of Marriage. This is a document that tells the court that you are initiating a divorce proceeding in the State of Oklahoma and in the District Court wherein you reside (live). This can be obtained through our office by setting an appointment with one of our divorce mediators.

Our office staff will explain the entire divorce process to you. We coach you through the whole process, so for the rest of this article, we will explain where to go and who to see.

Oklahoma County District Court Clerk’s Office – Where You Need To Go To File

To file your Divorce Petition, simply go to the Court Clerk’s office located at:

Oklahoma Couty Court Clerk’s Office
320 Robert S. Kerr, Room 409
Oklahoma City, OK 73102

You will need at least the following (more depending on what you get from us, but you will know this after you meet with one of our Divorce Mediators.)

3 copies-Petition for Dissolution of Marriage
3 copies -Entry of Appearance and Waiver of Service
3 copies -Decrees of Dissolution of Marriage


Make sure you follow the instructions that we will provide to you in your divorce appointment. On the 4th step of our process, we will show you where to go in Oklahoma City, what document to file, how much to pay the Court Clerk, and what order to file your documents in.

If you were to just read this page and not pay attention to our customized instructions, you would probably  arrive at the Clerk’s office without the proper order. We will coach you through every step!

Facebook Comments